Listed in Bathroom Plumbing, Commercial Plumbing, Drain Cleaning, Emergency Plumber, Emergency Plumbing, Kitchen Plumbing, Leak Detection, New Construction, Plumber, Plumber 45206, Plumber 45207, Plumber 45208, Plumber 45209, Plumber 45211, Plumber 45212, Plumber 45213, Plumber 45214, Plumber 45215, Plumber 45216, Plumber 45217, Plumber 45218, Plumber 45219, Plumber 45220, Plumber 45221, Plumber 45222, Plumber 45223, Plumber 45224, Plumber 45225, Plumber 45226, Plumber 45227, Plumber 45229, Plumber 45230, Plumber 45231, Plumbers, Video Pipe Inspection, Water Heater Repair, Water Line Replacement
- 1730 Tennessee Avenue, Cincinnati, OH 45229, USA
- (513) 271-3600
Drain Cleaning: Cincinnati Plumbing Service
Apollo’s plumbers in Cincinnati specialize in clearing and cleaning drains. Whether it’s your kitchen sink, bath, basement or toilet, we can handle any drain. We have advanced tools and technology to get to the root of the problem fast.
So what is the difference between clearing and cleaning a drain?
- Drain clearing is performed with a snaking tool that targets the specific pipe blockage where it occurs. A plumber uses this tool to puncture the buildup and allow water to flow freely through your plumbing system.
- Drain cleaning is performed using a jetting process that involves shooting a certain amount of pressurized water into the drain system to fully clean out the pipes. Most of the time, Apollo first videotapes the drain as the water attempts to rush through it to see what the problem might be. This gives our plumbers the means to know exactly how to resolve the issue.
While the snaking tool in a drain clearing punctures the blockage, drain cleaning sweeps the entire drain, removing any leftover debris that may remain after drain clearing. The two procedures are effective when used sequentially, if the situation calls for it.
Regular maintenance can prevent a clogged drain from ruining your day. The pros at Apollo offer an EPA-authorized product called Bio Clean. It’s very safe and works by using naturally occurring microorganisms that eat away at the variety of substances that adhere to the pipes in your plumbing and treatment systems. Although it sounds like something from a sci-fi film, Bio Clean is actually easy to use and inexpensive.
For difficult drain blockages – tree roots bursting into pipes, for example – Apollo’s plumbers will often send a camera down into the drain to observe the problem area before determining a proper solution. In a severe case such as this, the pipe (or a section of the pipe) may need to be replaced.
Whatever the cause, blocked drains are best handled by professionals. The hassle of attempting a repair the problem yourself can be an exercise in frustration and wasted time, and rarely results in a satisfactory or permanent fix.
APOLLO DRAIN CLEARING CHECK LIST
Apollo’s licensed and trained plumbers are ready to help 24/7 and will go through the following steps to help get your drain cleared quickly.
- Diagnose the situation by:
- Talking with you about any history related to the situation, which will help him better identify the problem
- Checking the drains and toilets in the vicinity to help determine if the clog is affecting just the one drain or multiple drains
- Find the closest access to get to the drain (sometimes it’s better to add an access point)
- Determine the best solution (cable, jetting or repair) for unclogging your drain and discuss all the options/methods
- Attempt to clear the drain using the agreed upon method—90% of the time the problem can be solved and nothing further needs to be done
- In cases where the first method doesn’t resolve the problem, other solutions will be needed—some of those problems could include:
- Heavy grease build-up
- Bellied or sagging drain lines
- Limited access to the drain line
- Poor venting
- Broken or damaged drain lines
- Major root intrusion of the main (whole house/sewer) line
- Problems with the main line will require a camera be used to help:
- Verify the main line is completely clean
- Insure that there are no underlying problems with the main line pipe, such as corrosion, cracks, separations, and roots
- Locate blockages that can’t be cleared
- Eliminate reoccurrence of the problem
Water Heaters: Cincinnati Plumbing Service
See our checklist below of how Apollo approaches water heater repairs.
If you need a new water heater, then Apollo can help you understand your options and choose the best water heater based upon your needs. Chances are that water heater technology has evolved since your last purchase of one, so here is a quick summary.
Storage Water Heaters—
- The traditional water heater with a tank holding 20 to 120 gallons.
- Can have electric heating elements or gas burners.
- Up to 96% efficiency.
- Heats water continuously.
- Provides hot water but can be depleted if use surges past “first hour rating.”
- The “first-hour rating” tells how many gallons of hot water can be delivered in an hour.
- Constantly lose heat through the tank walls no matter how well insulated.
Tank-less Water Heaters—
- Developed to address the issue of standby heat loss and running out of hot water.
- Available in electric and gas versions.
- There is no heat loss while the water heater is operating for increased efficiency.
- Use about 22% less energy than their storage-type counterparts.
- The higher cost of tank-less water heaters can result in longer payback periods.
- Good for vacation homes with periodic use where standby losses from a traditional storage water heater would cost more to operate.
Apollo will recommend the right water heater for your family’s needs and at an affordable price.
APOLLO WATER HEATER CHECK LIST
No hot water?
Apollo’s licensed and trained plumbers are ready to help 24/7 and will go through the following steps to help get your water heater back on track or install a new water heater the same day.
- Check to make sure the power supply is on
- Make sure the water heater is lit and set properly
- Diagnose and inspect the water heater
- Other Controls
- Test for leaks
- Determine if the problem is repairable and present options
- If your water heater needs to be replaced, Apollo can help you decide what water heater will work best for you and have it installed as soon as possible. In most cases, we can have it done the same day.
September 2, 2015
Apollo Plumbing was on time, and very professional. We had a water heater go out, and Apollo replaced our entire unit in less than a day. My husband and I were both very impressed with Apollo. Will use again!
Please login to add your review.