The Best Plumbers® in your area are just a click away!
Plumbers found online made easy. The plumbers listed in our plumbing directory provide complete plumbing repair.
Plumbers found online can end up being a horrible experience for homeowners. Finding a good plumber online is difficult. Many reviews placed on rating websites are put there by the companies themselves. Often, plumbers that provide excellent plumbing service have fraudulent reviews posted from their competitors or disgruntled ex-employees. When it comes to finding a good plumber, what can the consumer trust? At Best Plumbers® our name speaks for itself. We apply a vigorous plumber research and plumber review process to identify plumbing professionals who provide the highest quality plumbing services. We research the major review websites like: Dun & Bradstreet, Angie’s List, Google, Yelp, Facebook, CitySearch, YP (Yellow Pages) and the Better Business Bureau. We take into consideration the age of the plumbing company, the size of the plumbing company, the management structure, the types of complaints and testimonials. We review all of our research in each market and make our recommendations.We take the listings of plumbers published in our plumbing directory very serious, and try hard to provide accurate, up to date information for our readers.
Why Best Plumbers®
Consumers have major concerns in searching for plumbers online. Which plumbers have the expertise? Which plumbers are worth the money? Which plumbers can you trust being in your home? With so many questionable marketing schemes in the plumbing industry, it is difficult to find the best plumbing companies. At Best Plumbers®, we do all the homework for you. Through our research we truly provide our users access to the Best Plumbers®.
Best Plumbers® Listings
The plumbing industry, by it’s very nature, is fluid and constantly changing. Plumbing companies get sold, key employees leave and competitors squeeze the market. Because of this, a plumbing company can be in our plumbing directory one week, and off the next. If you see a plumber that should not be on our list, fill out our Contest a Plumber Form. If there is a plumbing contractor with a great reputation, and deserves to be listed, fill out our Nominate a Plumber Form.
The Usability of Best Plumbers®
We make it easy for consumers to find a good, local plumber, fast. With our user-friendly map, our users quickly select their city or state and view their local plumbing directory. The research Best Plumbers® conducts helps consumers with the important decision of selecting a plumbing company they can trust in their home or business.
Call a Professional From Best Plumbers® to Take Care of Your Plumbing Emergencies
Most of the plumbers listed in Best Plumbers® offer fast, friendly 24 hour emergency plumbing service.
Nights, weekends and even on holidays, you will be serviced by plumbing professional who can schedule an appointment to meet your plumbing needs. If it is a plumbing emergency, most plumbers listed in our directory will dispatch a plumbing technician to your home or business immediately!
The plumbers in Best Plumbers® are here to take care of your plumbing emergencies with gas lines, sewer line backups, broken water lines, kitchen and bathroom drain clogs, broken water heaters, overflowing toilets and much more.
Often, Plumbing and drain problems occur over holidays and special occasions when there are a houseful of guests. If you see signs of backed-up toilets or drains, it’s best to request the assistance of a plumbing professional from Best Plumbers® before the problem worsens. Always remember to make sure you know where the water shut-off valve is located to help minimize water damage to your property.
Water Heaters are necessities in our daily lives. It supplies all of our warm water needs, from cooking to bathing. There are common water heater issues shared by homeowners across the nation. Sometimes there is a leak in the water heater tank or no hot water. Most have encountered water heater problems at least once as a homeowner. Listed below are the causes of some of these common water heater problems and how one can take proactive measures against expensive repair or replacement.
Water Heater Leaks
This is the most common water heater issue that customers call the professionals ate Best Plumbers® about. There is usually a leak when there is a puddle around the bottom of the water heater. When a leak occurs, this is usually due to a crack in the internal tank and replacement is necessary. Over a period of time water minerals can react with steel, which will corrode the heating tanks. Once this occurs, it is necessary for a replacement to occur. Sometimes however, you may not have to replace the entire water heater. Call a plumbing professional from Best Plumbers®. If the leak originates from the top it may be able to be repaired by replacing a water heater part.
No Hot Water or Not Enough Hot Water
Another common water heater repair issue is no hot water. If you have a gas heater and there is no hot water this can usually be attributed to the pilot light going out. You can light the pilot light yourself, however if you have never done it or are not sure how you should go about it, do not hesitate to call a professional from Best Plumbers®. When you are dealing with gas water heaters it can be very dangerous if you don’t know what you are doing. However if you find that you have no hot water with an electric tank it would be a good idea to check your breaker to see if the breaker has tripped. In the instance that there is not enough hot water and you have ensured that the tank is not leaking, you can flush the tank so that mineral deposits are not reducing its efficiency. Generally as your heater ages sediment build-up will occur, decreasing the amount of hot water that the heater can produce. This is when flushing the tank is necessary for a quick water heater repair. These are just a couple of common issues that most people have experienced with both electric and gas water heaters. If you have an issue that is outside of these listed above, you should immediately contact a professional from Best Plumbers®. Often, all you need is a quick water heater repair. -
If you are ever in need of water heater replacement, it is always wise to call on the researched and reviewed water heater replacement professionals at Best Plumbers®.
Experts That Keep Your Drains Flowing Freely
Drain cleaning would never be needed if drains handled clean water all the time. The fact is, most American household drains deal with soap, grease, hair, and dirt that can stop them up. The plumbing professionals at Best Plumbers® have the proper training and tools to handle any kind of drain cleaning challenge to get all your drains flowing.
The constant exposure to grease, soap and food adds up to drains that run slowly and clog over time. If you notice the plumbing lines in your kitchen draining slowly contact one of the local, licensed plumber from Best Plumbers® to fix the problem. Addressing drain cleaning issues early can end up saving you a lot of money in the long run.
Toilet paper is designed and manufactured to disintegrate. Facial tissue, baby wipes or other household products are not. Flushing anything other than toilet paper is what causes toilets to clog.
Water should drain immediately when you’re showering and in just a few minutes after a bath. If it’s draining slowly, your tub or shower trap and drainpipe is probably clogged with soap and hair, making a drain cleaning appointment inevitable.
Bathroom Sink Drains
Toothpaste, soap and grime can lead to slow draining and clogging. If you lose a piece of jewelry down the sink drain, don’t run any more water. Call your local plumbing professional at Best Plumbers®. They will be able to retrieve the lost item without too much difficulty (as long as you have stopped running the water).
Laundry rooms, basements, garages, patios, driveways and even older bathrooms often have a drain to carry away water and prevent flooding. Usually they are equipped with a trap that should be filled with water to prevent odors and sewer gas from escaping.
All your household drains lead into your main sewer line, which connects to a city sewer line or septic tank. The clogging culprit here is usually water-seeking roots that can actually break through the line and clog the drain. The plumbing professionals at Best Plumbers® are specially trained to deal with this problem. For all your plumbing needs, contact your local plumbing expert at Best Plumbers® today.
There are many things that can go wrong when it comes to plumbing, but one of the worst things that could happen, is a slab leak. There are many reasons this may occur. The worse reason is a crimp in the water line inside the slab. This often occurs from soil settling under and around the foundation.
When you suspect a slab leak, you should do a simple water meter test. First, locate your meter. Second, make sure all of the water is turned off in the the property. Everything from running toilets to washing machines. Make certain everything is shut off.
Since all of the water is shut off in the property, the water meter shouldn’t move at all.
Take a picture of the water meter with a camera on your cell phone, come back 30 minutes later. The meter should read the same as the picture on your phone 30 minutes later if all water is shut off inside the property. If all devices are shut off and there is movement on your water meter, you have a leak. There is a chance you have a slab leak. It is always wise to contact a plumbing professional from Best Plumbers® that specializes in leak detection to find the leak in your plumbing system.
How to Find a Really Good Plumber
Usually, the need for a plumber will come unannounced. Making a good choice on a plumber is essential to getting your home’s plumbing systems back on the right track. Don’t just pick the first name you see on the Internet or in the yellow pages – take a few minutes to make an educated plumbing decision. There are, unfortunately, many less-than-perfect plumbers out there, and so steering clear of them and heading to an honest professional plumber should be your goal.
These steps will help you navigate your way to a really good plumber:
- Look through the local listings on Best Plumbers®. This site will make it easy to see the important plumbing information you need to make your decision. A really good plumber is likely to have full information available through their website online. Best Plumbers® provides access to their websites in the links provided in their plumbing listings.
- Carefully read the basic information about a plumber. Find out details such as how long they’ve been in the plumbing industry, their level of experience with your type of plumbing issue (some plumbers may focus more on commercial premises, or installation of plumbing in new homes, for example).
- Read the online plumbing reviews. This is where previous customers get to tell you about their experiences with a plumber. A really good plumber should have left a long trail of happy customers. Don’t be alarmed if the odd review is less than 100% praise – it’s impossible to make all the people happy all the time. But just be sure you are comfortable with what people say.
- Check out their social media presence. Not all plumbers will be highly active online, but many will often have a Facebook page or even Twitter account. These can give you an idea of how proactive the plumber is when interacting with customers. A recently updated page can be an indicator they are actively seeking out new business.
- Make an enquiry, either by email or phone, stating your exact needs, and asking for a formal plumbing quote. A reliable plumber will be more than happy to provide you with a no-obligation quote in writing. Make a note of their response time, because this could indicate how responsive they will be should you have a plumbing problem with their work. It should be relatively easy to directly compare the quotes from multiple plumbers – you are, after all, seeking exactly the same work from each plumber. The prices quoted should be transparent and include all fees and taxes. Don’t be tripped up by hidden costs after you hire a plumber!
- If a license to carry out this type of work is needed in your jurisdiction, make sure they have the correct paperwork. This might be a general business license or an industry-specific accreditation. They should also have liability insurance in case something goes wrong with their work. In many areas this is a legal requirement. Because of the nature of plumbing work, a bad installation can prove highly costly for even a simple plumbing mistake, with water damage being extensive. Be sure they’re covered for all possible plumbing disasters.
- If the plumbing company you select is a firm of more than one plumber, ask how many years experience the plumber who will be attending your home has. The range of plumbing experience between plumbers within one plumbing company can be wide.
Once you’ve found a really good plumber, be sure to ask them to explain what they have done, and how they’ve done it. They should be able to tell you what plumbing parts, if any, they are fitted.
After your plumbing task is finished be sure to review the plumber online – not only does this help future potential plumbing customers, but if your review is positive then you will also be rewarding a good plumber for their good honest work.
Also, remember to tell you friends and family to reference Best Plumbers® the next time they are searching for a good plumber.